Thursday, June 16, 2005

A long Wednesday!

Yup, it really was a loooonnngg wednesday for me. Woke up really early to go to work and to my surprise all of my classes are great!!! I though that I was gonna hate it today but it went pretty mellow.

Nice kids, great parents, and pretty babysitters =P Ummmm... yeah! Then in between classes I went today to the Lycee for the closing ceremonies, and they decided to have this huge capoeira presentation in which all the kids who wanted to participate were involved. To my surprise a lot of them got into it, hehe... I was amazed at how the vibe of the entire event was, I mean kids were jumping, singin, clappin, playing, it was great!!!! I love it, too bad it was all over today.

=(

Unfortunately because the program was experimental, and they switch it every year we might not be back next year, even though everyone loved it, but then again you never know... hhhmmm...
I know that at least the Elementary is interested in it and that will continue, but the big kids are another story... oh well... =(

At the end something happened to me that I found kinda funny since it was a long time since I've done it. One of my students asked me to sign the yearbook for her. It kinda took me by surprised since I never though about being such a big influence to someone in such a short time. I guess I just aren't used to thinking that I might be in the eyes of kids a kind of role model..

=P

I guess that happends a lot when you teach, and also I guess it means that I'm getting old or something...
Just thinking that someone actually looks up to me is... kinda flattering, I guess I'm doing the right thing somewhere along the line.

I will miss those kids for sure...

Then my day continued by going back to work and teaching a couple of more classes... It was tiring but I had fun, I love the kids in my classes. Then I got to teach another capoeira class to some kids, since the guy who was gonna teach them a breakdancin' workshop was a bit late and I was the only one around they asked me to fill in for a couple of mins.

Of course by the time everything was done and the guy showed up it was time to go to Capp St. to train. Man, it feels good to train, after the long month of absence I'm beginning to get back into the rhythm of things. I need it soooo much. I'm just falling back and I need to start training hard to reach the level at which I was before. Oh well we'll see how it goes, but for now I gotta go to sleep, I'm tired as hell as I had to bike after class all the way home, and it was chilly and windy as hell...

Hopefully I won't get sick... =oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home