Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sometimes I forget...

That I have a lot of great and wonderful music which I never listen to a lot anymore...

Tonite as I was walking back home the shuffle on the Ipod picked Johann Sebastian Bach's "Jesus bleibet meine Freude" (Trans: Jesu. Joy of Man's Desiring). I just love that piece, it's so soothing. It has a gentle sutilness to it... I dunno, I just love listening to it.

I was trying to search for the history behind this piece and it's actually part of the Cantata BMV 147 "Herz und Mund Tat und Leben" (Trans: "Heart and mouth and deed and life"). It was composed in the year 1723 in Leipzig, with it's 1st performance on July 2, 1723.

It's just interesting to try and find the history on several things, sometimes you find out that there's a whole lot to learn about things that surround us. I dunno... I love to sometimes just lose myself in random stuff like that... I just need something to keep me occupied...

I dunno... I'm all over the place with thoughts tonight. It never does get easy, I just wish it would sometimes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home