Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Tucson...

Well finally after catching up on some sleep I'm looking back on the entire weekend with a straight head and overall it was pretty good. Let's recap a little bit on what happen'...
  • There was a lot of capoeira, lots of Mestres (both that I knew and that I got to meet), lots of up and coming Contra-mestres (which for most of the part I didn't knew them before this weekend but now I know them), and also Professores (got the pleasure of meeting some of them and I'm glad I did!). The workshops that I took were good, even though I was pretty tired from drivin' during the night I manage to handle them pretty good. I got to train with Mestre Lobao, Mestre Urubu (that was a hard one, thanks Mes!), and the last one was with both Dennis and Muriel... as you would have guessed it the last two were fully Miudinho workshops which I loved!!!

  • Now the batizado was great, in my opinion it was well organized although a little bit too long for my taste (probably cos I was really tired by that time). But during the intermissions between the troca de cordaos there where a couple of presentations that were just off the hook (or off the ground for that literally speaking), the one that blew me away was one in which the flippin' core started showing off their moves while the bateria played the atabaques to a fast beat. The highlight of the night was when Mestre Flavio Tucano ran up the wall and flipped off of it(one more reason to get over my fear of flippin' and just do it!). The other presentation which was very easy going on the eyes was when the girls from the academy started playing the batucada and got everyone moving (kudos to those girls, it was impressive). Lastly but not the least the other highlight of the night was when I got my ass served by Guerreira during the open rodas (...and of course as you would imagine it Mestre got word of it... no comment!).

  • Incredible social scene (which I was really glad since you know, I'm a very sociable person and just meet new people everywhere, hehe...), lots of people visiting from all over the place, Florida, New York, Oregon, Washington, California, Mexico, Argentina, yep all over the place...

  • On a personal level this trip was also a good one. I got to visit a new place (which I definitely plan on going back in the future), I met new people which left some nice impressions (I definitely look forward to seeing them again in future batizados), and of course I got to know Jamie a little bit better (although we had some drama during the trip it was ok... hehe, really it was!)

Anyhow that's pretty much the mini recap of what went down... there's a lot more of course but for now that's all I'm writting, ha!

Laters!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home