Sunday, August 20, 2006

Just chillin'!

Man it really has been some time since I have put something on here, I know it's just that I haven't been up to typing anything. There's been a lot going on thought, let's see in just a small summary...

I helped on Friday in this 'pilot' program which took several kids with physical disabilities out to Coyote Point Recreation Area. My role wasn't a big one, as I just helped translate and help communications between the organizers and the parents. It was fun, I got to meet a woman named Lori who is the program coordinator for the Bay Area Outreach & Recreation Program(or BORP for short), and she is an inspiration. Not only is she coordinating the program and helping all the kids and their families(most of them with low income) but she also has disabilities of her own(more on that later) and has been able to overcome them.

Also in between birthday parties(Dr. Laura), and wedding celebrations(Pirata, and Leo) I have manage to get my hands on a Papasan Chair for cheap! Although I had to clean the mattress of some cat hair, it looks really nice in the room. The 'proactivity' for Sunday was also kinda fun, I was able to go shopping for some groceries(finally!), got me a new pump for the bike, a pouch for my camera(about time!). Although I wasn't able to achieve my main goal(which was to get the new wheel for my beaten bike), my neighbor(who I just met today, although he's been living downstairs for almost the same time as I) hooked me up with a provisional front wheel while I get my own.

Sweet!!!

Overall I think it has been a pretty good couple of past days. Putting aside the fuck up things that my ex-rommmate did everything has been going on smoothly. NOW the only thing that I have to do is finish my never ending self-review which I been meaning to complete for the past week. I dunno, it's just that sometimes I don't know what to write. I've just been focusing and thinking more on other things, but I will rally my ass to finish this today!

Gotta go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home