Sunday, November 14, 2004

Headache...

For some unknown reason I have a terrible headache today... Let's see I'm not hung over... uuummm... maybe I'm getting sick?!?!? uuummm... dunno...

Anyhow yesterday I had a fun day for the first time in almost a week, I went to Acro and although I didn't train I just went to the back and did my own stuff, which I felt was good since I needed a day like that. No stress, no over exercising like I have for the past month, just a relaxing stretching session and then a couple of calm movements, capped off by a series of kicks. I'm sore as fuck though..

Then I came back home, took a shower and Alex and Megan picked me up to go to Candance's 'brunch' at 6pm... That was fun having a little bit to eat, we watched some videos from the event, it was fun.

The night was not over just yet however and then I rolled with Salsicha and went to to Formi's house which was the rendevous(sp?) point since we were gonna hit the Roxie to go see "RACE IS THE PLACE".

A documentary which is part of the Film Arts Festival of Independent Cinema an as the following review states:

"Race is the Place is a performance documentary on America’s most explosive social issue. Poets, actors, comedians, and performance artists explore racism, its endless permutations, and continued survival. The film offers perspectives from Native Americans, African Americans, Latinos, Arab Americans, Asian Americans, and Pacific Islanders on the unspoken issues that separate Americans. Performances are set against a stunning mix of visual art and an archival record of America’s prejudices."

It was a good documentary, I actually thought I was gonna fall asleep or something since I was tired by this point but it woke me up and got me really interested in it, I definitely recommend it to anyone who has the oportunity to see it.

Later we hit the 'Thief Bar', where for most of the time Formi and I hit the pinball machines and closed the bar playing the uummmm... (I can't remember the stupid name... argh!!) Anyways after that I came back home.

Fun day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home