Saturday, April 03, 2010

You want what you can't get...

Like the drops of rain you fell into my life,
attracted to each other we are, a love which will never survive,
Your heart is chained to another space and time,
and I'm, well I'm just drenched here in the cold outside.

In those pretty eyes I can see the life we could have,
but with every blink our reality sets in.
Please don't ask me to come in, how dare you say you'll give me a warm meal.
Can't you just see I'm fine and dandy in this cold spot right now.

It's not that I can't answer, it's just that I'm daydreaming in my mind,
I can see the flowers blossoming in the spring,
I see myself running down a stream,
thinking of nothing but how life would be,
if this wasn't a dream.

It's ok, I'll be around,
We'll meet at the same spot tomorrow.